Innovations 4 of 4: New mobile app
Our final new features blog covers our brand new app giving you a firsthand look at our revamped and upgraded mobile app. The new mobile app allows your employees to assign their daily activities in real time to projects, customers and other work areas. In addition, activity names and time banks can now be made available for specific job roles, departments and teams. Here are some ways to use these new features:
- Charge for services: create a separate area for customers (for example; Acme Ltd). This way your staff can record the hours worked for projects and orders linked to this customer.
- You may want to record both the attendance times of your staff as well as details of customer services. With 'roles', you can limit time tracking to basic attendance tracking (check-in and out of working day against daily offsets) for back office staff, as well as assigning specific services tracking to customer-oriented employees (for example, establish a role of "Sales" and "Back office" or "Basic attendance").
- For hourly pay or freelancer employees, if a working week and holiday allotment does not apply, you can exempt this staff by setting up a Freelancer profile.
- Your employees log their time using a specific set of Activity names based on their role or group or they may simply use company wide activity names (e.g., At work, business travel, seminar, out sick, etc.). This way you have the flexibility to capture the time logs at the right level and detail you require.
With the new mobile app, Staff Times offers the following benefits:
- a mobile time logging tool based on state-of-the-art synching & intuitive design for easy logging from anywhere at anytime.
- efficiency gains from logging time at point of service and no more need for paper based forms.
- your staff get instant balances of overtime build-up and remaining vacation on their personal smartphone.
- time logs in a detailed structure to facilitate transfer to downstream processes (payroll, invoicing, accounting).
- your office manager optimizes his resource planning through improved time-keeping analysis.
All new features will be rolled-out all this March > details on exact date to follow. We're excited about the implementation of the new Staff Times features and look forward to seeing you on board. If you would like to know more please contact us as at [email protected]